Rules of Packaging
1. Suitable for shipment: The package should be water-proof, theft-proof, and be able to protect the goods from any movement or impact during the shipment.
2. Convenient to load/unload: Intact packages will enhance the efficiency of loading and will minimize any damages to the goods by the rough handling of third parties.
3. Proper packaging: Please choose your packaging materials according to the size, weight, and features of your goods to avoid damage to the goods or a waste of packaging materials.
4. Protect the goods: On the basis of protecting the functions and appearances of the goods, it is most important to protect the goods from theft, especially for high-value goods.
5. Integrate packaging: The external packaging shall be integrated into the content and buffer stuff. When a number of contents are packed in one external packaging, there shall be no bumping, scratching, or squeezing between themselves.
6. Mind the direction: For the goods which shall be put in certain directions, please follow the instructions all the way during the shipment.
7. Mind the center of gravity: Make sure the center of gravity and geometry of the goods are in the same or a close position to avoid damages.
Standards For Re-packaging
In the following situations, you shall change the packages when the external packaging is intact and the number and quantity will not be influenced. If not, damaged or lost goods might occur. You may also pay extra fees for irregular volume weight.
1. Improper packaging materials.
2. Packaging completed with ribbons, strings, or tapes: untie the strings and put on boxes, bubble wrap, etc.
3. Reused boxes: remove all labels, numbers, addresses, and any information or stuff that may hinder the operation of staff.
4. Fragile material: Expandable Polystyrene, plastic, woven bags, etc.
5. Portfolio, luggage bag, luggage cases, etc. are not allowed as external packaging
6. Packaging not strong enough: boxes with holes, oil stain, water stain, crush mark are not allowed; wet corrugate paper boxes are not allowed
7. Original packaging: the original packaging of the item is not permitted as shipping packaging.
8. Wooden packaging
9. Any paper, newspaper, posters.
1. Connected packaging: Commodities connected by strings, ribbons, tapes, or bubble wrap will be re-packed if the packaging is loose or easy to tear apart.
2. No position packaging of inner stuff: When there is clear sound of rolling or creaking (no breaking), buffer materials or proper boxes might be needed.
3. No protection to inner stuff: When the goods shipped is sharp on edges, you shall use corrugate paper to wrap the sharp or raised edges of the goods and fill the packages with enough buffering materials.
4. No segregation of inner stuff: Separation is a must when multiple pieces of a fragile commodity are packed in one package.
5. Center of gravity: When the commodity is heavy, the center of gravity is distorted and it is easy to roll because of the shape or weight, you need to re-pack it.
6. The packing materials are not strong enough: Heavy commodity shall be packed with required single-layer or double-layer corrugate paper boxes.
7. A small commodity without inner packages: commodities like watches, card readers, buttons, screws, etc. shall be packed in segregated packages in a certain amount, and re-packed with external packages to avoid loss.
8. Packages smaller than the commodity packages: When the commodity might burst the external packages, you shall change the packages.
9. Commodity packages close to shipping packages: Put in buffer materials between the commodity packages and shipping packages to avoid scratches during Customs inspection.
10. Electronic products must be packed with cardboard boxes.
Customs Reporting Rules
You have to report the name, value, etc. of the goods as they are;
CITY: exact city name
STATE: precise state/province name (if it is America or Canada, you have to input the 2-digits state/province code)
POSTAL: precise postal code (if it is America or Canada, please use Google Map (http://ditu.google.cn/) to confirm the postal code, otherwise the reporting will fail.)
COUNTRY: 2-digit country code
PHONE: The contact number of the receiver must be precise. If they cannot get in touch with the receiver, the goods may be disposed of or returned (only if the sender pays the freight for return).
DES_OF_GOODS: a precise description of the name, material, purpose, and quantity of the goods.
REFERENCE1: Type in “HS CODE” at the Chinese Customs website (http://service.customs.gov.cn/default.aspx?tabid=940) to get the full code.
Country of Origin: 2-digit country code of the origin country, some goods may refer to Certificate of Origin.
Units: precise quantity of units
Unit Price: the precise value of each unit